CE Byrd Foundation Board
President: Marjorie Briley
Vice President: Kelly Gosslee
Recording Secretary: Elizabeth Deal
Treasurer: Dana Pickens
Corresponding Secretary: Karen McElroy
The C.E. Byrd Foundation is a non-profit 501(c) charitable organization with the mission of providing support and enrichment for the academic and physical needs of C.E. Byrd High School. Funds raised by the Foundation are used to enhance the standing of Byrd High School as a center of academic excellence in the Shreveport community and beyond.
This year, we are particularly excited to sponsor a Bio Wet Lab.
- Provide students and teachers with additional academic resources in the classroom. Resources purchased with Foundation funds include classroom sets of textbooks, LCD projectors, SMARTBoards and computer software. Students are able to use current technology to facilitate learning as well as prepare them for college and the workplace.
- Teacher Ms. Bolton has seen direct benefit of Foundation donations: “The Byrd Foundation purchased an LCD projector for me to use in my classes this year. As a floating teacher this has been so helpful for my students as well as for me.”
- Supplement academic needs not met by state and local funding.
- Disburse funds in the same academic year as they are donated - every year, for every student.
- Enhance the outstanding academic reputation of the City of Byrd.
- Encourage parent and community involvement in maintaining and growing the tradition of academic excellence at C.E. Byrd High School.
How You Can Help
Consider making a tax-deductible contribution to the C.E. Byrd Foundation. Talk to students and faculty about their academic needs. There is no wiser investment you can make than in the education of our community's young people.
Interested in becoming a named sponsor for the Bio X Lab, please contact Marjorie at email@example.com
New and exciting this year... AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support the Foundation every time you shop at Amazon, at no cost to you. Simply log on to smile.amazon.com and select the CE Byrd Foundation as your charity of choice. The entire shopping experience and prices are the same, and almost all products on amazon.com are available on Amazon Smile. The added bonus is that Amazon dontates 0.5% of the price to the Byrd Foundation. After registering, every time you shop, log on to smile.amazon.com and the Byrd Foundation will automatically be listed as your charity. It is so easy to shop for yourself and contribute to the Foundation at the same time.
History of the C.E. Byrd High School Foundation
The Byrd foundation was created in 2009 by parents, former parents, alumni and faculty in response to a question posed the previous year at a PTSA meeting: "Who provides booster funds for academics at Byrd?" The answer was a simple, "No group in particular." After a year of meetings and goal-setting, the Foundation was established to raise money for academic enhancements that were sometimes falling through the cracks. Funds raised in an academic school year are used for the support of students enrolled in the school that same year. C.E. Byrd Principal and Foundation Board Member Gerald Badgley said, "The C.E. Byrd Foundation is an incredible resource Byrd High School as the funds raised by the Foundation have and will continue to meet needs that otherwise would go unmet. Byrd students and faculty are fortunate to have a committed organization supported by forward thinking donors focused solely on strengthening our school."